A pack of 5 disposable filters tested to filter >95% of airborne particles when used with the OSR-M1 mask. Each month you can return here to buy another five (5) packs of five (5) filters. We set this limit to ensure we can supply every person and every mask we make with adequate numbers of replacement filters.
Currently we have production capacity for millions of filters each month, and room to expand far beyond that.
The lifetime of your filter depends on how frequently you wear the mask and what you are exposed to.
- If you are a front-facing worker who wears the mask for multi-hour shifts you may expect to replace the filters more regularly. You may replace the filter daily, or to conserve Filter Media, use the Wait & Reuse practice (more below).
- If you are not a front-facing worker and are instead an occasional wearer only using the mask to go to the store or on a flight, then leaving the mask hanging to dry until your next use is likely adequate. We recommend a fresh filter at least once a month.
- We recommend changing the filter if any noticeable change in breathing resistance, discoloration, or smell occurs. If any biological material has soiled the mask or filter the filter should be discarded and the mask fully cleaned and disinfected.
- Before inserting a filter into the mask check for any rips, tears, or mechanical failures. If any failures are found discard and replace the filter immediately.
- The filter should be allowed to fully dry between every use.
- When wearing the mask the condensation from your breath will build up inside the mask. After hours of use you may wish to dry/wipe-out the condensation inside the Facepiece.
- A filter decontamination practice is to Wait & Reuse: replace the filter and set aside the recently used one in a clean, breathable location to dry for 5-7 days, and cycle through the filters sequentially.
Made and packaged in the USA.
getting ready for fire season. but meanwhele if you need to wear a mask, might as well wear one that really protects
My husband and I both purchased our masks as soon as they were available several months ago. They made us feel so safe! Easy to assemble and clean. Purchased a couple as gifts for friends who are in the health care field. The resusable feature of this construction is key! Being able to clean them and reuse cuts down on the environmental impact of all the paper masks that barely do much to keep you safe. Can’t recommend this mask highly enough!
I plan to use it during a cross country flight. Even though I’m vaccinated I’m relieved to have the protection that this mask provides!
I am beyond blown away by the product and the one to one customer care displayed by the team. These guys really have a heart for what they do and it shows in their product and it’s functionality to not only save waste in the long run of disposable masks but also saves the consumer on $ in the long run also while maintaining a standard of safety and comfort that I have not found anywhere else. As a person on limited income due to disability, this has been the best purchase for me and I am recommending it to all my friends and family.
First, it certainly stands out. The next thing you notice is how comfortable it is and how easy it is to breathe in the mask and how it doesn't fog your glasses. I love that the filters are reusable and have set up paper bags in which each filter can dry for reuse. BTW changing the filters is exceedingly easy. Everything about this mask shouts well designed & engineered. I fell exceedingly safe wearing it out and about. We bought one to test, then almost immediately bought one for every member of the family. Thanks for such a great product.